6.12.2007

Sunday, July 16, 1944

I received a chocolate cake from Mrs. Pratt during the church potluck today. Martha suggested I don’t share it with them this time and keep it whole for Olivia on Wednesday. I agreed. Next week, I’ll be coming to church with Olivia, I look forward to finally having someone attend services with me.

Rev. Case set me aside after the services and we talked about Wednesday when Olivia arrives. I am to come to church around 1pm and wait for her arrival there. He inquired how I’ve been doing these past few weeks and I had divulged some of the things I’ve done to the house to accommodate her. I didn’t mention that I am a bit nervous now that he’s confirmed the events with me but I believe this did not escape the pious Reverend. He patted me on the back and warmly shook my hands. It felt like I could have shared this moment with my own Pa but I quickly put the thought out lest I turn sentimental in front of Rev. Case. I am sure my parents are happy about this union, I know they are, for I am also quite a changed man these past few weeks.